Friday, December 5, 2014

12-5-14

4 am
" I see the moon the moon sees me. The moon sees somebody I want to see"  music playing in my mind.
There is a full moon this morning casting shadows. He is shining in my West windows like a street light.
There must be a clear sky out side.
Today is a bit of a busy day. I am going to get a manicure, my first in a long time. I do not get them in the summer when I am working in the yard. I am capable of doing my own fingernails and I can throw on some fresh polish to go some where if I want. A good manicure is an indulgence I allow my self when I am working and not taking the personal time to do it. I have strong finger and toe nails and like to keep them manicured.
I want to get my car washed. It has been awhile. My weather has been cold and rainy and I have birds with poopy problems so I want that off my paint !
I have been keeping a plumber busy. I remodeled my house back in the '90s and the main bathroom and kitchen are showing their age.
First the seat in the shower, one arm came off the wall. The plumber and I decided, after he got the other one to come off, the inside screws were gone-rusted. The silicone seals on the walls of the shower are still good so .... if I decide I want a seat in the shower I can put one in there. They sell them at the store.

Then the spray arm on my sink in the kitchen went blooey. I have a one piece hot cold off on pull out spray thing on my kitchen sink. It sprung a leak last Sunday. I found the lady I bought all the bath and kitchen fixtures from two weeks before and she called a guy about the shower seat. He never called, so I called her back. She gave me his # and he thought maybe he could get out over Thanksgiving, but he didn't. This lady, Elaine, has been in the plumbing fixture trade for years. When  I met her she was working for a nice company who carried very nice fixtures, and in ground pools. She helped me pick out all my faucets, hooks, sinks and stuff. We had lots of fun. That business changed a lot when the owner had a heart attack and his son took over and went into swim spas and mostly commercial. Elaine went to work for Standard Plumbing Supply. They carry all the upscale brands she knows, as well as all the regular stuff, they are a big outfit. When the sprayer went out I called my regular plumber, Rocky Mountain Air, Parker. He called me back on Sunday. I told him I have water shut offs under all my sinks (thank you Mr. Cope) thank you for calling me back, but I didn't want to pay Sunday rates, call back on Monday and lets set up a time for you to come out. He came out Tuesday. looked at the shower seat. In the kitchen he  took the part that slides in and out, the head screws off. He emailed Elaine pictures and part #s and went out, she had the part ready for him. He liked that she knew a lot about the products. "most parts counter people do not know any thing."

Now I have my dish washer running again, Yaha !!

Well, back to addressing Christmas cards. Then I want to get my tree up !
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!