Thursday, March 6, 2014

Daytona 2014 + Florida

I leave for Orlando tomorrow. 2-19-14  Daytona !!  yay I can not wait!! I will have a few days in Orlando so I can shop and explore. I found out one of my favorite stores is there Soma Intimates.. They have closed in Salt Lake. I will see if I can find them.

Wish me luck with the weather and the airplane !! Our weatherman is saying it is going to snow here.
I confirmed all the hotels today for our stay.

I am going to miss my nieces wedding on the 20th. But I got them a nice room at a great hotel in Salt Lake.

 Thursday  2-20-14 Orlando !! 82 degrees ! The flight from Salt Lake City left on time as a cold front was moving in. It was bumpy as we climbed through it then Sunshine on top .
I sat next to a mom who with her family was returning to Ormand Beach after a week of Skiing at The Canyons . Ormond  is next to Daytona.We picked up clouds again  coming in to Orlando.

The residence Inn Marriott was nice for one night. Lake Mary Marriott was great. They upgraded us to the 10th floor,with concierge service.
 It rained cats and dogs for two days. Could not find the stores I wanted. Ate at Crabby Joe's. Found a great little ice cream parlor and had a wonderful chocolate shake.

Mobil 1 Race guys were staying and Tecking and entertaining the Stewart Racing Troops at the Lake Mary Hotel. Lots of stickers on the entrance glass, large floor mats in the lobby and check in area and a large conference / out side bar, entertainment area going for three days and nights.

Sunday, 500 day, broken clouds, ignoring the weather man. Hope Springs Eternal.

I wanted to post this from the road as I travel. I have not mastered my ipad, I am reading, and wifi is not reliable. So I am working from notes. I will edit and post daily for a while.
To be continued.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!