Wednesday, August 27, 2014

August 11,2014

Turning the wrong way

As I drove out of the Motel, "Honey your going the wrong way". Royce is very helpful. he keeps track of the maps and gas mileage and plans where we will stop to eat.

"No dear I am going to show you The Black Canyon to day. Don't you remember the conversation we had with Joe and Kalena last night ?" We talked about seeing The Black Canyon before we leave this time. The drive to the canyon is only about 40-50 miles out of our way and we are not in any hurry, so off we went.

When we checked in at the ranger station in the National Park I found I could buy a senior pass for less money than a one day pass. So now I am good for a while. I have had a golden age pass before, but I don't know where it is. We spent the day looking down into The Black Canyon of The Gunnison River. What an awesome place. It had been years since I had been there and we really enjoyed it. The overlooks are spectacular, each one more awe inspiring than the last. We didn't leave for Utah until 4pm. Next time I would like to drive down to the bottom and see the river and the reservoir.

We stopped in Olathe and bought 2 cases of corn and in Green River we bought 2 water melons to take home and ate dinner at the Tamarack Restaurant. We hit rain in Price and it rained all the way home. I was glad Royce was driving.

We reached Salt Lake City at 10 pm in rain. We had a good trip.

I Want to see the Canyon, the Museum and the Corn Festival again. I am glad I can use visiting my daughter as an excuse.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!