Friday, December 12, 2014

still atill decorating my tree Friday 12-12-14

Opened box number 3.  right away knew it was going to be different. A catalog was protecting a flat angel with gold tinsel radiating all around her head. She looked like the one that was on my tree when I was growing up. By folding her inside the pages she stays flat. A Bronco and Green Bay snowmen. Lady mouse made out of a thistle sitting on a chair dressed for church. Green Bay players jumping on each other.  Avon Christmas Bear Pin still in the original packaging, 1984. Santa with a rod and a fish, hand carved wooden bear with a rod and a fly stuck in his hat. Silver spoons  with bears and birds  sitting in the bowls. I know they are silver, they have turned black.?'

A blue and white china pig, china geese, and a small bag of mini marsh mallows with a tag, "Heard you've been naughty, so here's the scoop. All you get is snowman poop ! I remember one with chocolate covered raisins that was reindeer poop. I have a lady who sits in the corner on a shelf holding a sign, "Be naughty - save Santa the trip." Found a beautiful wood rocking horse, there will be a few more, my friends Chuck and Phyllis in Boise, Idaho, their son Perry's school was selling them to raise money.

An old Christmas Card from My Mother and Father's friends to me that was meant to hang on the tree. It is a Norcross card and on the back it says, to hang on your tree. It is in the shape of a pink bell with three angles on the front. It hung on my tree as a child. Heavy Avon musical ornaments, they look like metal with colors a horn and a harp, also a metal sled.

I am down to the last tier of the last box ! Good, because I am running out of branches. I am filling in toward the trunk. Just found some hand made crochet Santa faces, wreaths and cross stitched small, one inch things my sister made. Also felt ones Mother made.

This is nuts. I have got to give a lot of this away. Who gave Gary the Green Bay Santa, the Snow man. May I give it back to you ?

A pig riding a snow board, one hanging on a candy cane. Salt Flat Salt Snow Flake, a South Dakota Pheasant Feather oval. I need a nap. A glass Santa that lights up,

That's all I am done un packing my boxes. Now I can get out the skating snowman, families and all the goodies that go on my shelves and walls !!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!