Friday, December 12, 2014

still decorating my tree

Opened the 2nd box. Some of the same, Bronco stuff, etc.

Two Santa's on white discs. One is fishing through a hole the other is ice skating with Rudolph who is also on skates - they are holding each other up - or dancing. A silver pinecone, more red, green, gold, pink, blue balls, in small medium and large sizes. The Goldilocks and the Three Bears china figurers that belonged to my Grandmother Celestia Burt. When She had them she said they were her Fathers. Just Woolworth's china, but precious. They are miss matched and never looked like bears to me, but I treasure them. A 2002 Olympic Snowflake this has the official design where the balls have the one we used in the bid processes. I bought this a the store in the Village as I worked The Olympics. Glittery pearl angle on a swing, heavy, she is surrounded by a circle of flowers and birds! She gets her own nail.
Lots of after Christmas sale goodies. I have a wonderful decorator Store, Modern Display, their sales are real and the mark downs are worth waiting for. I have 1000 bulb indoor - out door light sets, small wooden red shinny boots with white fur cuffs hanging on the tree. balloons on 4 inch wire 'strings' so they stand up on the branch. I could not have afforded them not on sale. Silver garlands and pearl garlands also sale finds.
A yellow pineapple from Hawaii, a trip with Andrea, another gold cutout from Toronto, Canada. My Niece's and I rode the train from Vancouver, wonderful trip. Hand painted globes, from the Montrose boutique and by Kalena. Hand made Pineapple shape ribbon ornaments made by a good friend, a co worker and the Mother of a good friend. 10 to remind me of a courageous woman I had the pleasure of getting to know by working with she and her daughter. She fought in the jungles in the Philippines with the American's. She married a service man and came to the U.S. and raised a family. After retiring from a admistration job at a bank she came to work where I was working. She has passed on, but her daughter is in St George, Utah and I have these Ornaments, "Hi Natti" !! Reindeer made out of shinny red apples, I am gluing their legs on. Black Santa's with white beards and hair and a red nose that go over your bottle neck - thank you Julia, "High 5".
.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!