Thursday, May 29, 2014

Home again

I got home from LA Sunday 5-25-14. Had a great time. As usual my life took over and I had a bit of an adventure.

I met my Daughter and her Husband at the LA air port. We did not have much of a plan, meet up rent a car and go to the hotel. Sounds easy. In the baggage area I realized they may not be arriving in that area ...you think !! My Daughter is flying out of Montrose or Grand Junction, Colorado. Either way it is not easy to get any where ! So I check the itinerary she sent me. It looks like something out of a spy novel, so I go to the old guys at the information desk, they say they have seen everything. Well turns out they have not seen this itinerary, she is flying over here, thru here up here to Phoenix and in to LA on ?? He can't find the flight number on his computer and he is supposed to have all that info on his computer. As we are scratching our heads here come Kalena and Joe with their luggage, thru a side door. Their puddle jumper, 9 passenger from Phoenix, landed, taxied on a road they think in the maintenance area of the airport thru the buildings and up to a gate. They fix aircraft instruments for a living and both worked on planes in the Navy so I think they know the maintenance area of an airport. I was sure glad to see them, so was the info guy.

We rented a Chrysler 200 and drove to Sherman Oaks and checked in to the hotel, met my Granddaughter and then went to the taping of The Arcino Hall Show. This story later.

Wednesday was Granddaughter Andrea's Graduation from Cal State Northridge, University of Southern California Northridge, The Matadors. It was sunny, over cast (thank you), a beautiful day. I bought a lei on the way in to the stadium for her. She is a beautiful girl and the camera loves her, all the pictures they took of he turned out great. Lots of wonderful kids and proud parents. The processional was well organized, the kids well behaved and it went fast.On the guad after they set out water, coffee and juice, pastries' and fruit on tables. The buildings were open to tour and for restrooms. I took a whole roll of film. Beautiful campus. Drove to the hotel changed clothes then to the beach !! On to Malibu to Duke's for some great sea food. Back to the beach !!

I told her this is what happens when old beach bums come to visit. I lived in LA for a while before I was married. Her Mom and Dad met at Miramar Navy base in San Diego. So we all miss the beach.

We drove down the beach road stopping now and then until dark. Joe wanted steamed clams. Andrea got on her phone and found a restaurant, a good one and we ate home made linguini and steamed clams, and home made crab ravioli in cream sauce. Heaven. Annie took home lunch for two days.

Thursday I took Joe and Kalena to the airport. We had a donut at Randy's Donut's, it is a land mark, and then back on the 405 and the hotel.

Andrea and I spent Friday and Saturday together and I flew home Sunday.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!