Friday, May 2, 2014

Cleaning out the fridge

When I leave town I stop buying groceries and try to use up most of the perishables.

Tonight I made some great soup out of left overs. I went to my favorite noodle house two days ago and brought home good broth, noodles and bean sprouts. I had a piece of pork chop and some french fries from a day or so before. I can not throw food away I save little dabs of this and that and then I make soup, chili or spagaitti, depending on what I have on hand and who is coming to dinner.
So, you put a little olive oil in a small skillet, heat it up with some salt and pepper fry the cut up pork for a minute, add the cut up French fries, and add some green onions, 3, you found wilting in your crisper, season with season salt, garlic powder and pour the broth over it, I ate the noodles last night, heat it up good and with the sweet sprouts on the side and some black olives and a Pepsi, it is a good soup and a nice meal.

I have done the same thing with spagatti sauce in a pinch. I have made it with left over roast beef, one hamburger patty, two pork chops, a few pieces of chicken and maybe a piece of sausage. It was the best sauce. If you read the old recipes they always had more than one kind of meat. Usually pork and beef.

I got my boarding passes printed out so I am ready to fly away. The neighbors are watching the house. Hope the weather is nice in Atlanta and Alabama.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!